Clínica Medelín is one of most important heatlh institution of the city, whit 70 years of experience, and 2 locations strategically located..
We are a highly complex clinic with a portfolio of services including hospitalization, Intensive Care Units, Cardiology and Oncology Units, and operating rooms equipped with the most complete medical technology, among others.
international patient officeworks permanently to satisfy the necessities of the foreign patients and their families, who require advice before their arrival to the city, during their stay and after their departure from our Institution.
From our office, we offer high quality attention, based on the comprehension of the personal necessities and feelings of our foreign patients.
international patient office is the link and bridge between the patient and the Clinic. Guaranteeing warmth in the attention, is a highly specialized team that allows us to bring you a complete service under the safest conditions.
Besides, we offer complete support to the doctors abroad and their foreign patient referrals. Those patients who are looking for a medical appointment, a second opinion or a treatment in a complex disease are also our special audience.
Our services and personalized advice for you include:
Travel advice previous to the trip: Medellin city information about hosting, visas, tourism and transportation.
Insurance and travel agency
Transportation service: airport/hotel/ clinic.
Process, laboratory and medical tests scheduling.
Medical appointment with our specialists.
Payments and deposits (international bank transferrals).
Your medical personalized price offer.
Exchanges of medical registers an hospital information.
Helping you meet your requirements before leaving the hospital and your arrival to your city of origin.
If you want to know the possible value of your entire attention we can provide it for you before your procedure, including rates for services such as hospitalization and diagnosis services (computed tomography, clinic laboratory, MRI, sleep laboratory and others).
Our staff will also help you manage the deposits, electronic transferrals and other financial matters during and after your procedure.
If you have any type of health insurance, we are able to work with them provided with their requirements and standards.
As complementary services we offer the patients and their families, information about:
Hotel agreements in the city.
Booking taxis in the city.
Information about places of interest, entertainment and culture.
Touristic local agencies.
Make sure you arrive with the following:
Medical exams and diagnostic material.
Passport or any other legal personal ID.
Complete information regarding your insurance policy.
Your complete medical file including results and medical reports that are no older than six months.
Test results such as MRI, PETCT, tomography provided to us in diagnostic images and electronic media.
Nuevo Mi documento
Medellín, capital of Antioquia department, has a pleasant climate of around 24°C; offers modern transport systems like Metro and Metro Cable an efficient infrastructure which has allowed it to host world-class events such as OAS and IDB meetings. Located in a valley surrounded by mountains, this city is always friendly to visitors. What to do in Medellín
From the mountains that surround the capital of Antioquia you can see how the Medellín River runs parallel to the Metro, which connects various parts of the city. There is an abundance of parks, libraries, museums and public spaces where many Cultural events take place. Flowers have their own fair and in the surrounding villages life is simple with relaxing landscapes and nature reserves.
Ingenuity is a quality which the people of Antioquia prize, so it is not surprising that in 2013 Medellín was named the most innovative city in the world in the Wall Street Journal's City of the Year Contest. The 'City of Eternal Spring' is also notable for the wide range of goods on offer for those who like modern shopping malls.
Families and generally all visitors find many options for fun and entertainment in Medellin. Sites abound here as museums, libraries and public parks.
• Maintain communication with the family, adequately complying with the hospital protocols established for this.
• Access the necessary services, health technologies and medicines and a comprehensive, timely and high quality care, without discrimination of any kind, in accordance with the rules established by the General System of Social Security in Health.
• Choose the health personnel of your choice according to the possibilities of the institution.
• Receive the emergency care that is required with the opportunity that their condition warrants.
• Maintain full, permanent, express and clear communication with the treating health professional.
• Obtain clear, appropriate and sufficient information from the treating health professional that allows them to make free, conscious and informed decisions regarding the procedures and / or treatments that are going to be performed and their risks and to express their consent or dissent in writing regarding the proposed alternatives.
• Receive a dignified treatment, respecting their beliefs and customs, as well as the opinions they have on the procedures.
• Request and receive a second opinion on the diagnosis and treatment, according to the availability of the institution.
• That the medical record be treated confidentially and reservedly and that the personal data be treated in accordance with the Manual for the Treatment of Personal Data Policy.
• Receive quality assistance by health workers duly trained and authorized to practice throughout the disease process.
• Receive health services in conditions of hygiene, safety and respect for your privacy.
• Access the formal channels to submit requests, claims, complaints, suggestions, congratulations and in general, to communicate with the institution, as well as to receive a response.
• Request and receive explanations about the costs for the health treatments received.
• Express your willingness to accept or deny the donation of your organs as established by law.
• To the management of pain and disease in a timely manner and in accordance with the scientific, clinical and medical alternatives available.
• Exhaust the possibilities of treatment to overcome your illness.
• Receive or decline spiritual accompaniment.
• Participate voluntarily in teaching and research activities and decide whether or not to be attended by human talent in training.
• Receive information about home care after completion of care at the institution.
• Die with dignity.
YOUR DUTIES ARE:
• To strive for their self-care, that of their family and that of their community and comply with the treatments ordered by the treating health professionals, actively participating in the care process.
• Respond in a timely manner to the recommendations made in the promotion and prevention programs.
• Comply with the rules and protocols of the Clinic, with the entry and exit requirements and delegate a person to represent you if necessary.
• Timely comply with scheduled appointments or notify 24 hours in advance of your inability to meet them.
• Report on suspicious behaviors or events perceived during their stay at the institution.
• Respect the rights of other patients and users.
• Act in solidarity with situations that endanger people's lives or health.
• Respect the health personnel responsible for the provision of the health service and the logistics, support and administration personnel.
• Use adequately and rationally the services offered, as well as the resources of the health system and the Clinic.
• Comply with the rules of the health system.
• Act in good faith towards the health system and the Clinic.
• Provide in a timely, clear, truthful and sufficient manner the information about your health condition and that required for the purpose of adequately providing the service.
• Assume co-payments, moderator or recovery fees or any other contribution that the law establishes to access health services.
Nuevo Mi documento
Por favor diligencia la siguiente información lo más completo posible para ayudarte con tu solicitud internacional.
Please fill the information as complete as possible to let us help you with the international request.
Pacientes Internacionales / International Patients